Wednesday, December 06, 2006

You're called a what?


Life has been a little crazy lately, and with school coming to a climax in the next couple of weeks, there seem to be few imminent signs of the craziness stopping. The good news? I already have most of my Christmas shopping done. Most of you know how much I hate shopping, but this year I went in with a plan: I bought everything almost exclusively online. I love those crazy tubes that we call the internet. (Read why that last sentence is at least semi-funny here). Oh, and for those of you who were disappointed by the lack of Picture Tuesday yesterday, fear not, it will arrive tomorrow.

Why is life so busy all of a sudden? I'm sure it has something to do with my new job. I am now officially a Chili-Head. That's right, I work at Chili's as a waiter. And I love it. Some people were made to serve, and I am definitely one of them. When I waiter (I'm pretty sure "waiter" can be used as a verb), I have so much fun that I hate to leave when my shift is over. If I didn't have homework, things to do, and most importantly a beautiful wife, all waiting for me at home, I might stay there forever. I love the busy-ness of the job, scurrying about trying to make sure drinks are full, food is brought out and dishes are clear, the panic at remembering you forgot to ring in a table's order, the bitter taste of defeat when you get a $2 tip on a fifty dollar meal and the high of getting a ten dollar tip on a $20 meal. It's intense, sometimes hard, sometimes overwhelming, but it's what I love. Those are the situations are thrive in.

So if you are ever out at 20th street and Camelback in Phoenix, stop in and ask for me. I'll be happy to take your order, and maybe, just maybe, I'll bring the right one out to you...

No comments: