Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chocolatey goodness and the return of blogging


I have been debating whether to return to blogging after my brief hiatus. My wife and I attempted a joint venture which sputtered out after a couple of weeks. Since then, I have missed writing and today I have found some time to kill. The pieces just came together.


Today, I want to discuss a little something called irony. I have been telling my friends for years that eating chocolate is the best way to keep healthy. A new study has just come out validating my claims further. This article from Foxnews.com discusses how chocolate can actually help prevent cavities. Amazing. Every time I go into the dentist, they always comment on what nice teeth I have. I blame it on chocolate. I eat it excessively. And it has done me a world of good.


So, I think it's about time that chocolate got the recognition it deserves. I'm all for starting a movement that makes it an official food group. Three servings a day, I'm thinking. I'm going to be a good pediatrician. The kids will love me, I'll tell them to eat lots of chocolate. Their parents can't argue with me. I'm a doctor.


Anyway, now that I'm back, I suppose you should expect the usual. Infrequent posting, promises that I don't intend to keep and plenty of apologizing for both. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but tons of fun as usual.

No comments: