Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Potts is a good thing


How can you tell a man of God apart from your average Joe? You can see God working in his life.

Today's post shouldn't be too long and boring, but I wanted to look at this idea a little bit. You see, I meet with Chris Potts every Tuesday. I've talked about Chris before, he is my mentor and he has had a tremendous impact on my life in the short time that I have known him. We sit down at Arby's every week and have dinner and just talk. Sometimes I do most of the talking, and sometimes Chris does a lot of the talking, but somehow I always walk away praising God and feeling amazingly encouraged. Yesterday was no different. Even though I talked most of the time, Chris shared something with me that just blew me away. In circumstances beyond his control, he had let God do the providing. And God came through. From just a short conversation, I could see God moving in Chris's life and I thought to myself, wow, this is a man of God. I am so blessed to have a man like that speaking into my life on a consistent basis.

Having someone pour into your life is something I stress all the time. I think I need to add a qualifier to that: Have a man or woman of God pour into you. God has really used this in my life. I truly believe that everyone needs their own version of Potts.

Just as a side note, doing a GIS (for future reference, Google Image Search) for pot, does not turn up images of your standard cook ware...

2 comments:

Marta Sears said...

I'm trying to get in contact with a former Grand Canyon University writing professor named Chris Potts. It this, by chance, the person you mentioned in your post?

lighty said...

Hi Marta. Yes, Chris used to teach at GCU, although he is no longer employed there. I'm not entirely comfortable with just handing out his personal information willy-nilly, however if you want to discuss this further, please feel free to shoot me an email at lightbringr(at)gmail.com.