Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wow! That guy's good. - Why yes, yes I am


People, people, people. Please stop sending me hate-mail. I realize that I haven't been posting as much as I promised, but well, sometimes life gets busy. And when things get hectic, sometimes you have to remove some of the clutter until things slow down again. I have found that when life gets busy for me, posting is one of the first to go. The good news is that I have been keeping up with my writing in general, so all is not lost.

I emailed one of my favorite professors earlier this week and sent her my latest short story. When I had let my wife read it moments before sending it off, she was very emotional about it and begged me to change the ending. I refused and sent it anyway. We'll see how that goes. In my professor's reply she mentioned that she had made copies of one of my essays that I had written for her Advanced Composition class and gave them to her freshmen class with the idea of inspiring them to achieve such literary perfection. Apparently that was a bad idea. In short, three of the little guys couldn't handle the pressure and dropped the class, four more haven't shown up in the past two weeks, but have not officially withdrawn, and another two switched their majors from English to Accounting. I guess I just have that sort of effect on people. Yay me.

(Disclaimer: most of the above story is untrue in any way, shape or form after the words literary perfection. As such, it should be disregarded and/or taken with a grain of salt)

No comments: