Friday, January 09, 2009

Another critical update? How is this possible?

I just realized that I haven't updated what is going on in my life for too long. Many things have changed in the past month alone, so hopefully this won't take too long.

I started a new job. Starting in January, I became a full time elementary teacher. I love it. The school I work for is called Bios Christian Academy. It's a pretty new school with only about 40 students. Right now it is first grade through tenth but next year it should be K-12. I still work with the high school students and math sometimes, but officially I teach elementary. More on Bios next week.

With the new job have come changes to the old one. I still work with Donor Network, but I have cut my shifts from five to three a week and I have crammed all three into the weekend. It hasn't been too bad so far, but I spend 24 hours in a 40 hour period on call every weekend. This could end up being pretty tiring, but for now it is working well. Working for Donor Network has been good for me because they have always been so kind to me as far as giving me exactly what I want for a schedule. It has been a great experience.

Finally a quick update on med schools. I have interviewed with two schools so far but have not heard anything back, good or bad. I spent some time shadowing the provost of one of the schools I applied to and he said he would put in a good word for me. And that's about it there. I am still hoping to know something definite by late February or early March.

No comments: