Friday, February 06, 2009

You do what?


The rumors are true. I am now a music teacher for grades K-10 at Bios Christian Academy in Gilbert. What's that you say? You thought I only taught math, and grades 4-6, and managed the computers, and substituted for various other subjects? Well, you are wrong. As the resident renaissance man, whenever the call goes out for a new subject to be taught, I answer courageously. I am the rubber plug that stops the flow of injustice. I am the mirror that reflects the light from the bathroom to prevent stubbed toes in the dark of the night. I am the spell checker that prevents words from being spelled eroneously... erroneosly... erroniously... aironeiously... wrongly. I am the abacus that calculates at break-neck speeds. I am the head of the department of redundancy department. I am the headache in the criminal mind. I am the public on public transportation. I am the surprise you find in your cereal box. I am the neurosis that makes you spend $500 an hour on a shrink. I am the fingernails scraping on the souls of ne'er-do-wells. I am the batteries that are not included. I am the 3 AM wrong number. I am... rambling. That's enough for today I think.

2 comments:

valbuss said...

As a former music teacher, I just wanted to say...my prayers our with you :-). But seriously, I have a file on my computer with ideas for music activities i.e. games, to play in the classroom. I could email it to ya if you ever need any inspiration.

Clo-clo said...

Hi Mr. Ben, it's Chloe!
I saw online at Bios and I read your blog and it's really funny! See ya at school!