Monday, May 16, 2005

What about ME???

I just realized, I have yet to put any personal information up on this blog. So here goes nothing. A vain attempt to sum up my life and my purpose for this blog.

For starters, I am an ambassador for Christ cleverly disguised as a poor college student. I am the son of a great King and brother to a mighty warrior. I was dead but now I'm alive; hopeless, but now filled with joy;worried, but now confident that he who began a good work will be faithful to complete it; fearful, but now loved with an everlasting love; and I am anxiously awaiting the day when the trumpet will sound, the nations will bow and Jesus will return to judge the world with justice and take me to live with him in paradise.

As for the purpose of this blog, starting in the Fall of 2005 I am going to be a Resident Assistant at Grand Canyon University. I will be a Junior and living in the dorms on campus. Although my Resident Director didn't officially give out homework, he did say that my fellow RA's and I should keep some form of a summer journal or thought record. This is my attempt to follow his instructions.

Currently I am majoring in Biology with a probable minor in Chemistry. After my bachelors, I hope to go to Medical School in Tucson, Arizona where I would like to study pediatrics. Once I graduate from Medical School I'm probably going to do the whole pediatrician thing for a couple of years before I start teaching at the high school I graduated from.

If you had asked me my plans back in April, the whole teaching part would have have been much later in life, maybe when I was around fifty years old or so. But in these past two weeks, since school has been out, God has revealed to me a new passion: teaching. I love it. I had so much fun substituting and working with the high school students and watching them learn and grow. And that was only for four days! It is truly something I could do for the rest of my life and be extremely happy with it. Plans change eh?

So I guess that's about it. If you happen to stumble upon my summer musings, enjoy them, leave a comment, or critique and hopefully you might learn something too. I'm looking forward to this summer. It is already shaping up to be one that will impact the rest of my life...

No comments: