Wednesday, March 01, 2006

So this is love


I hope I'm not getting sentimental in my old age. But I think I'm coming down with something that resembles it. This week and next week I want to start a special series on the guys in my life who have had a tremendous impact on me. Don't worry though, the regular Monday and Tuesday stuff will continue. Before I begin this series, I want to talk a little about the one person who I don't talk enough about: Jamie.

I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day and I was reassuring him that he would one day understand what was going on in some girl's head; he just needed to be confident. He stopped, turned to me and said, "Do you have Jamie figured out?" I gave a sheepish grin. After almost three years, I still don't have a clue.

Here's what I have so far. She loves Jesus. This one is obvious. I can see it in her face and in her words. There is a joy there that never ceases to amaze me. I can tell that she is madly in love with God. I'm pretty fond of that in her.

She is very sensitive. That isn't to say that she takes offense at everything, no she is very sensitive as to what other people feel. She has a heart that is able to care for and love everyone around her and notice how they are doing.

She is wonderfully emotional. Sometimes Jamie apologizes to me because she feels that she is too emotional. I don't think she understands how refreshing it is to me. I don't tend to have a whole lot of emotional fluctuation throughout the day. Or week, for that matter. But Jame can go from being beautifully angry at me to sweet and loving to shy and embarrassed all in a matter of minutes. It is such a sharp contrast. I can honestly say that I love that about her.

This is going to have to be continued tomorrow. I have to get to class and then I have meetings and work until 11 tonight. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It just can't be helped.

No comments: