Thursday, March 30, 2006

You need a lot of gerbils to get a full glass...


So the new guy who was supposed to be keeping up with the posts has definitely been a slacker. I think he hasn't put up a single post in about a week and a half. When I found out about that, I was not happy to say the least. Let's just say that issue has been "dealt with" and leave it at that. A new, new guy has been hired to fill the job. I think he understands that failure is unacceptable in this dog-eat-dog business.

Anyway, onto the news. I spent a good twenty to thirty minutes yesterday milking grapes. It was my first time. Hopefully it was my last time. My professor was kind enough to encourage me in my efforts and remarked at how well I was doing. She also said that she thought it was probably easier than milking gerbils. I had to agree.

Yesterday I also spent about an hour with a couple of my groomsmen at the tux shop. They needed to get their measurements so we could send them back to Gilbert. I guess I didn't make it very clear that this was our intention when we walked into the store. The guy, some young, Western European snob was our salesman. He was grumpy and at times down right rude. Just when we were finishing, he asked if I knew my sales number. I told him that we weren't using his store for the tuxes. A big grin appeared on his face. He was so excited. He then cheerily asked if we needed anything else. Yeah. Weird. A salesman who doesn't like to sell.

That's about it for the updates. Tomorrow, there should be another post. Hopefully this new kid will figure out how the system works. If not, well, let's just say the Queen of Hearts will be brought in to determine the consequences. On that happy note, see ya tomorrow.

No comments: