Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A little weekend recap





Without further ado, let's discuss my weekend in California. We stayed at a beautiful hotel in downtown San Diego. We were within a five minute walk of the Gas Lamp Quarters so that was exciting. My RD, Ronnie, has a friend who was able to get us a room at a "Five star hotel" (according to Ronnie, it very well could have been, I just didn't verify the info). We stayed at the Westin right in the middle of downtown, next to a big, ritzy mall. We knew it was fancy from the very beginning when we found that they only had valet parking. The lobby was huge and luxurious, we definitely felt out of place. Our room was normally more than $300 a night. We got it for about $50. Yay us. Below is a picture of me in the lobby.


Over the next two days we went to the tide pools at Point Loma, walked around Mt. Solidad and cruised the beach. We played poker, ate out at nice restaurants and watched movies. It was pretty sweet.



But now I'm back and I've hit the ground running. There are about 20 days left until school is out, a marathon in my mind, but for some reason I'm sprinting for all I'm worth. If school doesn't kill me, Jamie will because I haven't gotten to see her much at all. Either way, I'm in trouble. I'm not even sure if I'll survive this week. God has been good in the past, we'll see if he comes through again. Here's hoping.

No comments: