Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This little piggy works at the hospital


It certainly has been a while since I last posted. No excuses this time, just making a comment. I think it has been about two weeks. Wow. That's a long time.

And so on to other stuff. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a little something about how much I love working for Chili's. I still love it. But it's time to move on. Tomorrow I will be turning in my two weeks notice. It is with a somewhat heavy heart that I do this. I'm pretty sure I was made to serve people. I absolutely love taking care of other people and making sure they have everything they need or want; being a waiter is an occupation that comes naturally to me and is a great fit.

However, since I don't plan on being a waiter for the rest of my life, I need to start thinking a little bit more about the future, and that means it's time to start getting my foot in the door of hospitals. I already have a training date set for John C. Lincoln hospital in Phoenix in the middle of March. It should be a very nice transition from serving people as a waiter to serving patients in a hospital. I will be volunteering at the hospital for about 15 hours a week instead of working at Chili's. Although I'm not exactly sure what my duties will include, I will be having lots of patient contact. It seems a little scary now, the unfamiliarity of it all, but it is definitely a good thing.

I know this is a little discombobulated, but I wanted to write something while I had a chance. Maybe if I have time to think tomorrow, I will post something a little more intelligible.

No comments: