Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Count 'em: 1-2-3


Today, my beautiful wife and I celebrate our third anniversary. At the first anniversary, we were still in our honeymoon phase. Life was wonderful and lovey dovey. For our second anniversary, we had no money, but we were in love. Life was wonderful and lovey dovey. Now that we have reached our third year, things are different. We have even less money now. Life is more wonderful. And we are still madly in love (and by that, I mean that we are still infatuated with one another.) Our love (the verb kind) is stronger than ever, and we are both getting better at it. To top it all off, we have achieved a small level of legitimacy. A marriage that has lasted for three years is a pretty amazing thing these days. 

I credit God with getting us this far. Before we got married, I received two pieces of advice that have made all the difference.  The first, which has helped us in our infrequent arguments, is something my in-laws told us. They said, "Remember, when you two are married, you have each other. It's you two against the world. Other people are going to come and go, but you will have each other. When things get tough, it's you two, together, as one, against the world." 

The second best piece of advice I was given was to pray. Pray every day that God would help me fall more in love with my wife, and that I would be most attracted to her; that in my eyes, she would be the most beautiful woman in the world. I love her more now than ever, and I have never seen anyone more beautiful.

Three years of marriage? Yeah, I'd recommend it.

3 comments:

The Mister said...

Yea! Keep going! Love you guys.

godmaed said...

I love you, Baby!!!

Anonymous said...

good to hear people are still in love after a few years. when i say i've been married for one year, older people always tell me to enjoy our love while it lasts, because older couples no longer adore each other. i think that is sad.