Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Turks


Do you people seriously have nothing better to do than write me nasty emails? Just because I have not written anything for the past week, this does not give you license to become vulgar and slanderous. I'm sorry I took away the only bright spot in your otherwise droll lives. My bad. I'm back.

Today's post concerns the future. Tomorrow, I will be holding a strings competition for my 7th through 10th grade students. They will be competing in the first ever "Turk Awards". I have crafted some rather nifty awards which I will put up pictures of tomorrow. Also there will be a small prize to accompany the award, probably movie passes or something of that nature. 

The students have been divided into duets, trios, and quartets. They will be judged on how well they play technically and on how well they interpret their assigned piece. Judging the competition will be my fantastic brother, probably my beautiful wife, and me. This is the first time I have ever put on something like this. It should be a lot of fun. 

Tomorrow's post will have pics of the awards as I finish making them. On Friday, I hope to have a short video montage of the competition. It's shaping up to me a pretty good week after all.

No comments: