Saturday, June 04, 2005

Riflery and Musings

To start off with, I received a phone call from Jamie (my girlfriend of two years) who is still in Colorado doing the camp counselor thing. As I understand it, all the counselors at this particular camp are required to take charge of an instructing station where they work with the campers show ing them how to do stuff. For example, arts & crafts, hiking, fishing, or riflery. Being that Jamie is an Art Major, naturally I figured she would do something like arts & crafts. Not that she couldn't do the others, it just seemed to make sense in my mind to put the left glove on the left hand. So she's not doing arts & crafts, or hiking, or fishing, or anything else lacking dangerous weapons. My quiet girlfriend is going to be spending the summer instructing campers on how to fire a weapon with precision. At least she isn't doing bazooka-ing or skydiving...

On to the musing. I have been racking my brain for ideas for a hall theme for the dorms for next year. Honestly, I really like my first idea of "Be Radical", but I'd like to come up with a couple of more ideas just in case my other RA doesn't like it. I want something that will inspire the guys to be different from the rest of the world. We are still called a Christian university. We should be salt and light, not of the world, but ambassadors to the world. Hopefully whatever we come up with will instill in the guys on our floor that they are representing not just GCU but Jesus Christ with their lives.

No comments: