Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dun-dun-dun. She's baaaaack

Emma's back from vacation. We have the next three days to really work hard on walking before I leave for England. She doesn't seem to have regressed too much by taking a week off, let's see what taking off three will do. The good news is while I'm gone she will be starting to work with an occupational therapist an hour or two a week as well as continuing her work with the other two women who are teaching her.

Once I come back, I will have about two weeks left of working with her before I head back to school. It seems like such a long time but I know it will go fast. I'm gonna miss working with her. She brings so much joy to my life and is such an interesting part of God's creation.

Her mom said that while on vacation, Emma said her own name once. Although I have yet to hear it, that is a pretty big deal for her. Before, she could recognize the spelling of her name and the sound of it and would pat her chest when she heard it. Her legs have lost some of their strength while she was gone, simply because she wasn't worked as hard. But she seems to be doing well. Hopefully we can make a little more progress with the walking before I leave, but the talking is a wonderful thing.

No comments: