Friday, July 01, 2005

Now what's he up to?

This is going to be quite the school year. I head back to school sometime in the middle of August. I think I'm supposed to be back the 20th, but it might be a bit sooner. Honestly, I'm not real sure. As an RA, I'm supposed to be back earlier than everyone else so I can do some planning and strategizing with the other RA's. But I'm not positive of the date yet, so stay tuned eager readers, that little easter egg will be hidden in another post. (Probably one titled "The date I go back to school is...")

Anyway, this semester, I decided not to overwhelm myself. What with taking on this RA thing, I figure that I could potentially stay quite busy. I will also be working part time again and helping to run some Bible studies on campus. Thus, I am only taking 16 hours this semester, which translates into 4 classes and only two of them should be nigh near impossible.

For a grand total of 3 credits, I will be taking University Speech. Basically, they will be teaching me how to give a speech. Thankfully I have never had to formally present my ideas and thoughts before a group of people, so I should have a lot to learn...

Another 3 credits are eaten up by General Chemistry, the first semester. Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Didn't he already take that course?" or better yet, "Didn't he also already take the second semester of that course and both semesters of Organic Chemistry? And didn't he pass those classes with flying colors?" All very good questions to be sure. And I think that I have a very good answer. Uh...well... the thing is, I didn't do so well the first time I took that course. In fact, I got a D. Yup. A big fat D. The good news is that I audited the course before my grade was published and so I have an S on my transcript for "Satisfactory". (Which directly translates into, "A mentally incompetent rock could have done just as well if it just sat in the class and gotten attendance points"...Oh well) The bad news is: I have to take the class all over again. Wahoo.

And since this is about to become the longest post on my site, I have decided to make this a two-parter. More to come tomorrow.

No comments: