Friday, April 17, 2009

Love hurts


My wife has been in Vegas for most of the week at a conference for her business. She flew out early Wednesday morning and will come back late Saturday. I have really missed her a lot and it has surprised me. I thought that since it was only for four days, it wouldn't be too bad. But truly, as husband and wife, we have become one. Half of me is missing. It sucks. I didn't realize how much I really missed her until yesterday. 

Last night I took Turk out to go to the bathroom right before going to bed. We went through the whole routine of putting on his collar and then fastening his leash and then waiting at the door for my command. When I opened the door, Turk bolted outside as usual. Stumbling off balance after him, it wasn't until I had fallen off the front step that I looked around me. Seeing Jamie's car parked right in front of the apartment, my heart stopped. If the car was there, she must be around as well! My eyes searched anxiously around the parking lot for just a couple of seconds before I stopped, heartbroken. She had flown to Vegas, of course the car was in the parking lot. It had been there all night. I was crushed.

It was a crazy feeling - going from heart pounding excitement to utter disappointment in a matter of seconds. Love is a wonderful thing, but sometimes love hurts. I don't think Jamie will be going on any vacations without me any time soon, or in the near future, or ever.

No comments: