Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Football and chapel: Oddly enough they are related

Intramurals started on Monday here at GCU. The football season has kicked off. My team, The Eagles of Doom, played on Tuesday. The team is mostly made of freshmen guys with a sophomore and me. With that said, we didn't do too bad. Sure the final score was 45-12. Sure we didn't score in the second half at all. Sure we looked a little sluggish, but all in all it was a moral victory. We all showed up wearing the right colors. Joking aside, I had fun. It's a good chance to get some exercise and hang out with the guys. Our next game is Thursday, I'm hoping we can score 3 touchdowns this time.

Today is the first day of the new and improved chapel at Canyon. We're hoping it went under an extreme make-over, because, quite frankly, last year the chapel was deplorable. Meh. It's only once a week. As long as no one does an interpretive dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller this year, I'll be happy. Most likely it will be like our football game, full of potential but just not quite up to par. I'll give a full review on chapel in tomorrow's post. O ya. That has got you wanting to read again tomorrow. If you want to skip tomorrow, I understand, I'll see you Friday for a breakdown of the football game. Okay. Maybe I'll see you on Monday.

No comments: