Friday, September 09, 2005

Who you gonna call? Me.

I love being an RA. It has been two weeks now and it really is a lot of fun. The one thing that I wasn't expecting was the intensity. It's really not a hard job, nor is it unpleasant. I really do enjoy hanging out with my guys and serving them. The thing is, it's a 24-7 job. Even when I sleep, I'm still an RA. I was taking a very nice nap on Wednesday, very peaceful and relaxing, when one of my guys came in to the room to ask me a question. I had been up 'till two the night before and had gotten only 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I just wanted to rest. I did not want to be answering questions about if he had to attend the mandatory hall meeting. But I had to and I had to do it pleasantly and with a good attitude. God has really given me strength to support my guys so far, I could not do it without him. But I cannot take a break on campus. I have to leave to be off duty. Because as soon as I think that I might be alone and free of responsibility, someone finds me.

Before the I give the wrong idea, I need to say that I love being an RA. It really is more than a job to me, it's a lifestyle. I love interacting with the guys and helping them out and being their friend. It's not always easy but I wouldn't trade where I'm at for the world.

No comments: