Thursday, September 01, 2005

Macho, macho man

Welcome Week is in full swing here at Grand Canyon. Every night of this week we have had an event to get people out of their rooms and meet new friends. Last night was 80's Skate Night. Basically, everyone goes down to Goodwill or Savers and buys the ugliest clothes they can find and wears them while skating in a circle for two hours. It's a lot of fun.

So the four of us guy RA's and two of our friends decided to dress up as the Village People. Yes, they started off in the 70's but they did release some songs in the 80's, so they were fair game. It was pretty scary how it all worked out. Each of us fit our characters pretty perfectly. I'm proud to admit that I was chosen to be the "leather enthusiast". All of our costumes combined cost somewhere between 150 and 175 dollars (I personally spent $25 on my outfit). But we won the prize for best overall dressed so we each got $25 to Harkins Theatres. So it all worked out in the end. I only have one pic right now of last night, but if you check back a little later tonight I should have some more up in this post.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your handy guide to what's new on Alias
We'll forget all about those nasty rumors for now and concentrate on what's going to happen to our favorite spies that we do know.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse grooming supplies related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse grooming supplies