Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Is there an echo in the room?

I've gotta be honest, I got a good laugh out of this one. This is a comment recently posted on my blog. Here it is in all of its grandeur:

Dear, Literary Vandal

I just read your story ["Put a sock in it", Wednesday, August 3rd] IN A MAGAZINE! That's right, somewhere besides this blog. So next time you post something, make sure you don't take a stupid pill [beforehand] plagiarizer.

Forever original,

Rudimental Writer

p.s. Some of us read other things besides your blog you know.

Let me start by saying that the post was not plagiarized. If you know the magazine or article which is thought to have been the original, by all means, tell me so I can read it myself. It is very possible it resembles another’s take on the art of listening. The topic is an important one in today's busy lifestyle and has been written about often. I'm going to let you in on a secret about that post. The blog in question was written withMS Word during a meeting. I had no internet connection, books, magazines or other literature available. When I got home, I copied and pasted it onto my blog. (Hopefully my employer will never read this...) The whole thing was written originally by me. Sorry to disappoint you my vigilant reader. But thanks for keeping me on my toes. (And laughing all night…)

Keep the comments coming.

No comments: