Monday, August 01, 2005

Really, who is it all about?

I just got back from another small vacation. This time I flew up with Jamie's parents in their small plane to Colorado Springs to visit Jamie. We had a wonderful weekend together and I was reminded again how much God has blessed me with such a great girlfriend. Jamie is an amazing woman who is passionate about God. She has such a loving and gentle spirit, I am constantly amazed by the depth of character God has given her. Two more weeks and then she'll be back in Arizona where she belongs...

I am reading through a book called "The Coffeehouse Gospel". The book talks about having the right attitude and mindset for sharing the gospel and using the tools that God has given you to share the gospel. In one of the chapters, the author is interviewing a missionary and he asks the missionary, "Is it worth it?" and the guy responds with an answer that just blew my mind. He said that the question was wrong. It doesn't really matter if it's worth it. What matters is that He (God) is worthy. Look at that statement again. Wow.

From personal experience I can honestly say that I have gone through times in my life where I have asked God if it was worth it, if what I was going through was really worth the pain and trouble. Maybe it was, maybe not. That doesn't matter. If I truly have submitted my life to Jesus and call him Lord and say that it's not about me but about him, then it doesn't matter if it's worth it or not. What truly matters is that He is worthy.

No comments: