Friday, August 26, 2005

So I'm a slacker

The posts just aren't coming as often as they should. I know. I'm sorry. Next week will probably be bad too. But I'm thinking that by September 5 I should be back to consistently posting. Here's a little update to keep you demanding people happy:

Being an RA, so far, has been tremendous amounts of fun with lots of busy-ness and not much free time. I'm rushing about from place to place, doing everything I can to help out. The days have been starting around 8 in the morning and I am usually able to crash in my room around 10 or 11 at night. I'm starting to get a little tired. My residents move in on Monday. Sigh.

Since I left home on Saturday, so much has been accomplished. On Sunday morning, all of us RA's left for Prescott in northern Arizona for a leadership retreat. While we were there we built relationships, learned to trust each other (most of us anyway, but that's a story for another time), we grew closer to God and learned some things about working together by playing a whole monkey load of volleyball. After we got back on Tuesday we have been in meetings constantly. When I'm not in a meeting I'm prepping rooms for my residents or cleaning or decorating. It's not hard work at all, it's just that there's a lot of it.

Tomorrow I leave for Prescott again, this time for a Bible study leaders' meeting. Although it should be a lot of fun, it does mean that I will be hard-pressed for time tomorrow to get everything ready for Monday Move-in Madness. Pray lots.

No comments: