Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm the one taking the picture...


So I didn't get a chance to post any more yesterday, sorry. But if you give me a chance to explain, I think you will understand. Yesterday I was offered a physics internship. For the most part it will be doing data entry in the beginning for about five hours a week. Eventually I should be able to take that data and put it into formulas and then the exciting stuff will start. My professor is working on a new classification system for hurricanes. So my job is to do the boring stuff and then let him interpret my results and become famous. It should be pretty fun. I'm not getting paid, but I will be getting upper division credits for the time I put in, so it seems to be a pretty good trade-off.

Also yesterday I went and talked to my buddy about working at Starbucks to become the next world famous barista. Yay me. If I get the position, I will probably be working on Fridays and Sundays, which are my two days for sleeping in. But right now income is more important than sleep. I'm thinking about picking up the coffee drinking habit again if I get the job. I can't say that I have missed it, but if it helps me stay awake...

So that's what's new in my life. The Mr. GCU dance is pretty funny. It really wasn't all that bad, so I guess I won't be too much of a laughing stock after the competition. Enjoy the long weekend and have a great MLK day.

No comments: