Friday, January 06, 2006

Love languages speak out


For some reason, this past week I had to fill out a form and one of the questions was, "What is your love language?" I think it was some questionnaire or something. I don't remember. But the question stuck out at me because I wasn't quite sure. I went online to look for them and here they are:
1. Words of Affirmation
2. Receiving Gifts
3. Quality Time
4. Acts of Service

5. Physical Touch
According to the site, these are the five main categories by which a person will feel most loved. For example, when some people are given gifts, they feel really loved by the person who gave the gift. But a hug or an encouraging word won't have the same effect. I'm sure they still appreciate it, but for that person, their love language is the key to their heart.

I'm pretty sure my love language is "acts of service." When someone does something for me that I know they went out of their way to do, or it required some sort of sacrifice, then that really touches my heart. Last night my folks drove up to Canyon to visit me. That was really special. My parents have an extremely busy life running their school and right now is the end of the semester for them, so things are especially crazy. So last night when they drove up to GCU to take me out to dinner, I felt really loved. It really meant a lot to me.

Then I got to thinking- How much more should I love Jesus for what he did for me? He performed the ultimate act of service for me. He went out of his way by becoming a man and living here on earth. And then when the time was right, he sacrificed himself so I that I could truly live. God speaks my love language. That's pretty cool. I never really thought about it like that before, but God is incredibly amazing to love me the way that I like to be loved. It's an amazing love and it is more than enough for me.

No comments: