Monday, October 03, 2005

To stupidity and beyond

"Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity," Einstein once remarked, "and I'm not sure about the former." I'm living proof of the latter. Without going into the gory details, let's just say that Jamie and I had an argument last night; one that left me wondering if I had thrown away the love of the most wonderful woman in the world. It was one of those arguments where I started off angry and hurt and ended with her walking off in tears. Those of you who know me know that one of the things I hate most is to see a woman cry, even more so to make a woman cry. But when it's the love of my life that I have made cry, well that's the worst feeling in the world. If you were to look on her AIM profile, it still says, "Ben is my hero!" After last night, I'm surprised that it's still there. If I were her, that's probably the first thing I would have gotten rid of. My hero status is definitely about to be revoked.

So why am I airing my dirty laundry? Because I could use some serious prayer. I have been praying that God would smite me. But you could pray for healing in the relationship, if there's anything salvageable there. And maybe that my stupidity would reach a limit.

No comments: