Friday, October 21, 2005

Why do I have to be the bad cop?


I had to write up my first guy yesterday. That's the one thing I don't like about being an RA. I don't like policing the hall. I don't like the confrontation and I don't like the hurt feeling and I definitely don't like to see people get in trouble. But it had to be done. It was really disappointing. It was a guy I really like and it was hard for me to do, but it was alcohol related and I have to take a strong stand against that. My RD is gone for the weekend which means, in some sense, that I'm alone in this until he comes back (Res Life has been very supportive and so has my brother RA, but Ronnie is the one I would go to for advice on how to handle the situation). So I'm left to blaze my own trail on this one. I think I'm going to go talk to him today and tell him that what he did was wrong and very disappointing, but also remind him that I still love him and will continue to pray for him. Pray for God to give me wisdom as I deal with this situation. I have no idea what I'm doing.

(Just a little side note, I love that the cop on the right can barely keep the smile off of his face...)

No comments: